Mount Veeder, Napa Valley
The Brandlin family goes all the way back to the 1870s as Napa Valley’s Mount Veeder grape-growing pioneers. Perched up high (almost 1,300 feet!) on steep, rocky slopes, Henry Brandlin established his named estate in 1926 with strategic plantings of Bordeaux varieties. A rugged and remote site but the grapes grown and wines produced are of depth, intensity and expressive of the region. And without doubt, these wines have been celebrated and much loved by wine critics all around. Although the ownership had passed onto Cuvaison Estate in 1998, the estate remains true to its heritage while taking on the expertise of the partnering winery. The integrity of the estate and its environment is respectfully upheld – with sustainable vineyard practices and surrounding natural biodiversity.